Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Felting and Recycling

So I'm a terrible blogger, I guess that's just the way it has to be.  No time.
I have recently given up the idea of making any kind of living from my artwork so it frees me up to do my art and crazy crafting to give as gifts to family and friends.  Zero pressure, if I get it done I get it done, if not that's okay too.
I love recycling and being environmentally responsible, doing my best to keep my foot print as small as possible.  I have added to that eating more responsibly and staying away from processed prepared foods.  Veggies, legumes and whole grains.  I already see a difference!
Recently I decided I wanted to recycle old wool sweaters into current, useable objects.  I read a little and jumped in, I think that some of the stuff I'm doing was never intended to be done but that's okay.  Like after Felting/Fulling the old sweater in the washer and dryer I continued the process with wool yarn inlays, it's kind of like painting with wool yarn.  This is a very old craft and very addictive.  I have included pictures of my test piece.  


The inlay process sparked all sorts of creative juices and before I knew it I was embroidering and beading etc. etc.  These items will then be used to make slippers, mittens, hats, cowls, purses, ipad pouches and on and on and on.  Or just a beautiful wall hanging.

No comments: